"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Shopping for roses?

"I once had a rose named after me and I was very flattered. But I was not pleased to read the description in the catalogue: no good in a bed, but fine up against a wall."


Eleanor Roosevelt American, First Lady Quotes

11 comments:

  1. That is so funny. She was quite a woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My, that made me laugh so hard I started coughing again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya just gotta love Eleanor. In her day, she said MANY profound things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. giggles:) they are a beautiful rose too LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too funny...thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jo,

    I wouldn't have been pleased either. LOL She was quite a woman.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a hoot!

    I was so glad to hear from you! I read your post about sleeping and thought how nice to be able to sleep for consistent periods of time. It gets so annoying to always wake up between 1 and 3. Oh how i live for the day to make it through the night!

    ReplyDelete
  8. uh uh they di-int! I'd a shot them varmits for meddlin like that!
    Actually you have to admire her witty sense of humor, pretty great!

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...