"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Monday, February 2, 2009

One Shining Moment


At the Presidential Inauguration, a couple of weeks ago, there were over two million people who watched it live. Two million plus people were gathered in one place, in the blowing, biting, bitter cold for hours waiting to watch history. Whether or not you are in favor of his politics you must admit that is amazing. Even more so is the fact that not one person was arrested. Not. one. single. person. What does this say about our people?

8 comments:

  1. Its a good thing that no one was arrested... and no I don't go for most of his politics, but I was gathered with my daughters entire school to watch that bit of history and it was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard about no arrests but I'm not surprised. There was a spirit there in DC that was truly holy. I could feel it from my side of the TV.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a awesome day and a awesome feeling watching it. I felt change coming, and hope he does what he said he'd do. Only time will tell, but so far, so good. I had not heard there were no arrests. How great is that??

    God Bless~
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do think it's amazing how people can behave when they want to! That said, a few years ago we had the Super Bowl here, and the media were all gaga about the lack of criminal activity during the week-end. BUT I had a city policeman in my class and he worked with the unit fighting crimes against children. He told me I would never know just how many horrific things happened that the media would not report. He said it was one of the worst week-ends the city ever had crime-wise.

    Okay, on that uplifting note, hope your Monday is going well!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That maybe our notion will become, finally, one nation, under God.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. We watched it on the TV over here and it still gave me goosebumps!! To be there in person would have been a total blast!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank goodness it turned out as well as it did. It truly was a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...