"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Monday, February 16, 2009

Listen to your heart...

I think that most women are in touch with their bodies and know quite quickly when something is "off." We may not know exactly what it is but we are well aware of that feeling of doom and dread and the possibility of what that feeling brings.

In the summer of 2003 I began experiencing this "feeling." I could not put it to words or a specific symptom. One day in June I was running around doing my usual errands. I was a little tired but being diabetic that was no surprise. Being tired is just a way of life with diabetes. You learn to live with it and pace your day around the level of tiredness. This however was different. I went over to Curves for one of my three-times-a-week workout. I had been going there about a year and really enjoyed exercising to the music and people that I had come to know. It was during my workout, a 30-minute regimen, that I noticed the feeling of tiredness change. It was a deeper, heavier, light-headedness feeling. (those symptoms could also be caused by low blood sugar but mine checked out o.k.) My legs feeling a little odd I decided to stop. I've never had to stop early. By the time I got home I was feeling better but was still haunted by the feelings of doom. Not exactly a symptom you can take to your doctor...at least I didn't think so at the time.**



to be continued tomorrow...

**after talking to several women at cardiac rehab, who had survived a heart-attack, they also told stories of having that feeling of "doom" as their first symptom and also the feeling of embarrassment as to reporting this to their doctor.

11 comments:

  1. Is it tomorrow yet???

    I want to hear more of this story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Come back and finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment on my blog today. This is awkward but do you mean you have a son who is no longer on this earth or a son living who you'd just like to talk to? If you have mentioned this in the past, I do not remember and apologize.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, I NEED to know this story. Come back and tell it!!!!

    God Bless~
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my... this is so caring of you to share this with us, and I'm ready for tomorrow. N.O.W.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you are telling this story. You could potentially help save a life! Can't wait to read the next part.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing this!
    I'm not sure how much you know about my medical past, but your comment about symptoms and knowing something wasn't right/doom stuck me. Hard!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is it tomorrow yet? LOL I'm very interested in the rest of the story. I do know that sometimes I get that feeling of doom. It usually leads to something that isn't pleasant, but not necessarily illness.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry, I didn't mean to be cryptic at all. I knew something was wrong. I just knew it. My doctor (actually doctorS) kept telling me I was ok, but I knew, you know?

    My email should show up with this comment. Feel free to email. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, and thanks for the sweet comments. You made my day!

    You and your wisdom mean a lot to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You must have been terrified. I know that's how I felt reading the post. But I'm ready for the next installment now, jojo.

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...