"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Rain, Rain go away...

...come back another day
little JJ wants to play.
Do you remember that little nursery rhyme? Well I'm singing it now. I'm not so little anymore and I don't want to play. I just want it to stop raining for a few.
Since yesterday we've got 13.5" of the wet stuff. The sweet little summer-time river has turned into a foreboding monster. In the distance I can hear the news helicopters as they follow the "top story" for the evening. In my yard all the leaves that didn't get raked up before the snow a few weeks ago have turned into a sloppy, slippery mess. Part of my driveway is underwater as the river creeps closer and closer. And in my kitchen...can you guess? In my kitchen the skylights are leaking. ACK!!

13 comments:

  1. Oh no jojo :(
    I'm sending positive energy that the river recedes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hop the closest plane ... the news is SCAREY!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm no professional but leaking skylights dont sound good. :(

    Hallie

    ReplyDelete
  4. eek, that does not sound like fun! hope all eventually turns out well and that your skylights stope leaking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! I hope the skylights stop leaking soon! Our basement has been pouring water too. It's an annoying chore to stay on top of it.

    I hope that river doesn't flood! Ours are swelling here too. We didn't get as much rain as you, but we're still wet, wet, wet, so I can't imagine what it must be like for you!

    Stay dry and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh. I have been watching your horrors on the news. Stay safe! It has to end soon, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard about it, too, but didn't pay much attention to it. Now your post has made it much more real. Stay safe and good luck with the water.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my third blog I'm reading with y'all talking about the wet in the west.
    Funny, we are having snow snow and snow!

    David

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard a bit about your terrible rains on the news. Stay safe, and we'll pray for dry weather, receding rivers and repaired skylights!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG that is crazy, I can't even imagine that much rain! Sending positive vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Be careful! The majority of both mine and my husband's family live in Washington... all over! Olympia, Enumscratch, Bellevue, Renton, Tacoma, Whidbey Island, Kirkland... and on and on. We're praying for y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG Jojo. Please be safe!! I am praying you are ok. Please let us know!!

    ILY

    God Bless~
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have some flippers and a snorkel I don't use.....let me know if you want me to send them ASAP

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...