"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Thursday, January 22, 2009

It's all about me...me...me...me...me....

update:
you make me laugh, you make me cry...yeah mostly cry, but in a good way. Thanks!


...when is it not? I've been missing for a few days, lost in thought, and wondering where I should go from here. I've had a tough time blogging lately and I have considered giving it up and leaving the blogosphere. I mean really...do I contribute at all? That is my dilemma...I'm still not sure where I belong. Looking back on past posts I find that I have not evolved much, or at least as much as I had hoped. I have not grown in the way that makes a difference. That's what I wanted this blog to do...and in my naivete I thought it would. Yeah it's all about me.

What I did find, in the last few days of solitude, is that I don't like being without all of you. You fill an empty place in my life. And even if it is not an in real life relationship it is one that is important to me. I used to think that it didn't matter if anyone read this blog or ever commented but I find myself checking throughout the day to see who stopped by. You are the ones that matter and through our blogging together I have found parts of me that have learned to see my world in a new way.

I am making changes in real life and here. I have so many things I want to blog about and feel that it is time to let go of my gargantuan grip just a little bit and allow myself to be more open. It's a scary step...don't let me fall.

11 comments:

  1. Jojo, you need to do the blog. Sometimes you find that it serves no purpose, but really, how do we know? There may have been, or will be one, one line from one post one day that affects or affected some soul along their journey.
    But write for you, and the act of that is enough to inspire. Open up when your ready, pour your soul out when it feels time. You will know.
    Questioning is not selfish, but it seems you are at, or coming up to a new level.
    Cross the bridge.

    David

    ReplyDelete
  2. JJ!!! You are not gonna believe how happy I was to read this post. Here, I have been thinking that you didn't like me anymore (because, yeah, it's ALWAYS all about me, me, me as well--BWA!). I have really been missing you. Your presence is missed when it's not there. If you doubt your purpose in the blogosphere, please know that you make a difference for me. I look forward to your posts on your blog, and I look forward to your comments on my blog. I love that you clicked on my "follow me" widget, and I didn't hesitate to click on yours. You are my friend; I would be so sad if you stop blogging.

    Sometimes just "being there" is enough to make a difference. As for the opening up, I went through the same thing early on...did I dare show my vulnerability and talk about the things that really went on in my mind? You can rest assured that your friends--that includes me--will be here for you regardless of what you do or don't share.

    Please don't go...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful post. I have really come to enjoy all my new friends out there. I get so much from this process, too. I hope to keep visiting your interesting place here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see what you have in store for us!!!

    Hallie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too, learned how much the blogging world means to me when I temporarily left it. I want you to stick around, I want to get to know you better, I want to watch as you evolve as a blogger. Please?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blogging is such a personal thing and making that decision to "put it out there" is a big decision. You have bloggie friends who wont leave you if you post 10 times a day or once a week cause we are just like that and we like hearing from you as well!
    whispers in your ear***blogging is addictive :) and blog friends are worth their weight in Gold.
    hugssssssssssssssssssssssss
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can relate with your recent feelings about blogging-but I am glad you made the choice to KEEP GOING! You are loved my friend and we are real :)
    Just think if you had not been a blogger you wouldn't just have won my caption contest and that $25 gift certificate!
    Just saying I would miss you!
    I love reading/seeing whatever you put on your blog-you are contributing to my life.
    hugs!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I "met" you thru this blog, and I am real. I enjoy your blogs, your emails to me, your comments on my blog. I like you, get lost and don't know what to write about, afraid to put my "feelings" out there, but I have a few times, and my blogger friends have been there for me. You and I are so alike, same diseases, disorders etc. I would so miss you if you left the blog. I am grateful you have decided to stay, and look forward to reading so much more about you. Ultimately, your blog is for you, but also know it helps me.

    ILY

    God Bless~
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have only just found you!!!! You CAN'T leave now:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jojo,

    I'm so glad that you missed us and are going to continue blogging. Yes, you do make a difference. I always enjoy seeing that you've been by my blog to comment and I enjoy visiting here as well.

    Blogging is real life. Though we can't see the page, the people are real and isn't it marvelous that we are in contact with people who we'd never have known if not for the Internet.

    You make a difference, my friend. Just be yourself. That is the person I want to read about.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't leave, JoJo! You are a blessing and have touched many people's lives in blogland! Remember, your blog is about you and so, you should only write when you feel like it. We will be here when you get back.

    Love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...