"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Crazy Lady...


This photo was taken looking outside my kitchen window. Aside from the fact that it was snowy this morning it is now very dreary and raining. There is really nothing remarkable about it Except that we have been completely "socked" in with fog for the past eleven days. Did you hear me...ELEVEN days. It was sooo gloomy and so thick that I couldn't see across the street, or the street for that matter. The air was so thick and heavy with air pollution that we had an air advisory for several days so those with breathing problems (raising hand) were supposed to stay indoors, and slowly lose their minds from cabin fever. Oddly enough that is not the reason for the title of this post.

Yesterday as I was perusing (I love that word) the bloggy world (don't know if I used it correctly) I stopped by Ness's place (does that look right?) If you haven't been there then I implore you to go...I'm just sayin'. Ness asked all of us to chant: snow-snow-snow for her as she would love to play in the snow with her daughter. We all were giving her grief about it since most of the country is s.i.c.k. of snow and personally I was sick of f.o.g. And I told her so, in the comments, that I would ask for snow to come to the crazy lady's house. Well. o.k. then, I got snow here this morning Ness...so who is the crazy lady now???

10 comments:

  1. I am thinking I must be the crazy lady also as we have tons of snow here this morning too, still snowing...LOL. I have even told you, I HATE WINTER!!!!!!

    God Bless~
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jojo,

    We have a LOT of snow and at the moment it is snowing once again. We just came out of a deep freeze and when that happens, then comes snow. So we will see how much we get. The worst part is not the snow. We are to get freezing rain on top of it. Maybe I'm the crazy lady. LOL

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate snow and I think Ness is crazy!!

    Hallie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I am crazy. So we are all in good company.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I AM Ness, I AM certifiably crazy and I DID get snow...a paltry 5 inches of powder. Can't make a snowball but I should be able to do a snow angel. If you never hear from me again I will be on the ground in snow angel position with a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I were you, I would be asking for all kinds of things for the crazy lady now: round-trip tix to Hawaii, PCH's surprise visit, free pizza delivery. You know, just the basics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had snow sleet yesterday and fog ice the day before and I'm ready to get outside and drive to town if the roads clear by this afternoon. There are things we need around here, not to mention drugs I'm almost out of. Cabin fever sets in quick in Oklahoma.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's snowing now (they estimate it will continue at 1-2 inches per hour for a while) and we already have over a foot since this morning. I love snow, but it's getting to be difficult to find places to stash it...

    And we're all crazy, anyway - thank heaven - that's what makes us such a fun bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a view from your kitchen window! Send some my way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Crazy? Who's crazy? Certainly not me, just because here...if it's not snowing, it is 212 degrees below zero. Hello, Ness? I will trade places with you! Snowballs and snow angels are overrated. But I'm not bitter! :)

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...