"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Is it really six days...?


Six days...holey moley. I still have gifts to buy and haven't started wrapping at all. I have cleaning and decorating to do. I have groceries to buy and cookies to bake. And I can hear fudge calling out to me to be made. And the cards...oy..don't even get me started on those poor cards. I do have my tree up but it is not decorated yet...except for the lights and that's only because they come attached to the branches. Just plug it in and voila! I have an 8-year old niece to take shopping for her mommy and we are hosting a Gingerbread House throwdown this weekend...I haven't planned either one. So, I guess it's time to pull myself out of my HGTV induced coma and get it in gear. So how are you all doing? Have you finished everything on your list or are you a huge procrastinator such as myself?

5 comments:

  1. horrid procrastinator here~ have gotten NOTHING for the family done other than I bought a ham...might be ham sandwiches for christmas dinner LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have most of the presents bought, except stocking stuffers.
    We are planning what to eat for Christmas Eve, and this weekend is when the decorations go up.
    I have all my Christmas card envelopes addressed, but the cards? not even written yet, lol.
    It will all come together nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I already told everyone that they would have to understand that this was a no gift Christmas. After having to fix a couple of things on the pickup to the tune of over $1000., no money for anything for anyone. Guess they'll have to settle for a big hug and maybe some homemade cookies. So I'm doing okay on my non-Christmas Christmas. I'll read the story of the Baby Jesus birth or T'was the Night before Christmas, or both, but no gifts.

    Happens sometimes. Doesn't mean I don't love them and don't want to do for them. It's just not gonna happen this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I can't believe it myself. So much to do, so little time and such bad weather. They are closing the roads all around us and I cant even get to my car because of the snow. Drifts now over 5'!!

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...