"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Card making Sunday...


A few years ago my daughter and I started making our own Holiday cards. She had recently moved back here after attending college and then having a life of her own (I mean really...how dare she!) in Arizona. We wanted to start a new tradition with each other that would later extend to our families. Our first set of cards were rather primitive which made them all the more special since our first-grade talents had no where to go but up. We are getting a little more polished and have extended our holiday list to also include birthdays and other special days. But you know...it's not really about the cards...it's about the girl and her mom. And mimosas...don't forget the mimosas.


This year our husbands joined in the fun and things got a little competitive. We also got some awesome cards...

What is your favorite holiday tradition?

7 comments:

  1. how totally cool ... they are all fantastic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally cool tradition. I wished I lived closer to my daughter. The cards are beautiful!! I don't really have a tradition, now that the kids are grown.
    Oh and my knee, I don't know exactly except last time the doc looked at it, he said it would require surgery to fix it, and I said No Thanks! I have enough problems with my legs!
    ILY

    God Bless~
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are really nice - you do a great job.

    I make all my own cards, too, and find it a great creative outlet. It sounds like you make it a fun get-together, too, which is even better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made cards a few Christmases ago(talk about primative...I cut gingerbread men out of sandpaper and decorated with white rickrack) and would love to get into it again but a lot of people use the rubber stamps and that's just not in my budget. Your cards are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice. I guess the only thing I traditionally do is eat all the cookies and candy I can get my hands on... lol

    I try to go to Ft. Worth to see my sibs and watch their grandkids go nuts opening stuff they totally don't need. But it's fun.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cards are awesome! Each one is special and unique and made from the heart-love that it is something you and your daughter do together-I love traditions!
    I am sure I would love to do a project like this-I used to "create"-it was such a part of me.
    I hope to get cards of some kind out this year-not sure if that will happen?
    Love ya Bloggy friend!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am having trouble keeping up with my blog. How could I possibly do cards. Although I did buy a Cricut Machine and some fonts to work on scrap book stuff with. Some day I will get around to that.

    Our tradition is Pajama's on Christmas Eve.

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...