"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Can I get paid for this?

I know I haven't been around much lately either to post or comment. That does not mean that I haven't been checking on y'all. It's just that I've been busy, very busy and there is just not enough time in the day to fit in my new hobby and blogging. In fact, there is not enough time in the day for anything else...no cleaning, or cooking, no t.v. (and that's impossible for an HGTV addict like me), no shopping, no playing. What, what could it be that has sucked the essence of my being away? Sleep. Yep, sleep. It's all I want to do. It's all I seem to do. Up at 8 a.m. to feed the dog and the visiting cats...have a cuppa, take a few meds, take care of some personal business...take a nap. Up at 11 a.m. to have breakfast and watch the news, before I can clean up the kitchen whoops...I find I have napped right there in the chair. Soon my husband is home and I manage to get up and pretend that I have been busy all day (ha-ha) and lay-down to nap before dinner. Dinner?? Did someone say dinner?? I struggle with dinner and try to stay awake until the hubs goes to bed. Thank the Lord above that he's off to sleep by 8 p.m so I can settle in to watch t.v...oops I mean nap again until it's time to go to bed.
I swear I've been cursed with some sort of sleeping malady. It's cold and dreary outside and I have no desire to put my decorations away so I really don't see the need to do any thing else. I must be storing up energy for the spring, perhaps I've taken to hibernating. Who knows at this time of my life what I might come up/down with...let me get back to you after I take a nap...'m'kay??

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for your kind comment on my blog:) Maybe your "sleeping sickness" is just your body's way of saying it needs to rest and rejuvenate? Just go with it anyway...none of that cleaning is going anywhere unfortunately! lol
    Wow...just looked back through your last couple of posts...all that snow!! It looks beautiful, although I guess you get sick of it when you have to wake up to it everyday? Well, I will be back to visit now I have found you through your comment...stay well:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think that sleep is underrated and I try to catch all of it I can... I may have asked you this before but have your dr's checked your vitamin D and B12 levels??? BOTH are usually way low in people and both are so simple and cheap to fix and BOTH effect how tired we get. Speaking of which I have got to get back on my daily med schedule... I have been a very bad girl for a while... and I can feel it... but darn sometimes I just dont want to follow the rules ya know. I hope you get to feeling better! HUGSSSSSSSS Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. When it is dreary out side I too want to sleep - but often don't. Take advantage of it, but if it starts interferring with your life then maybe reconsider what could be making you sleep so much;)
    maybe one of the meds you take?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your body is telling you something. It might be just that you need some extra rest right now, but if it continues, you might want to look into it a bit more. In the meantime, sleep if that's what you need to do. Housework will wait, and fancy dinners are overrated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Friend,

    I just wrote you a long note and then my hubby had to turn the electricity off to fix something and I lost the note, so I will try to write this again.

    I was thinking about what you said about coincidences and I do understand your questions about them. Here is what I believe when I say that there are "no coincidences" as best as I can quickly explain it. I do believe that as humans, we have "free-will" to do as we decide and choose. There are so many different paths that we can take and it is up to us to decide what we are going to do and where we are going to go. My "no coincidences" theory pertains to signs which are placed in our paths to remind us or to guide us. Yes, there are different choices we can make, but some are more conducive to what we are here to learn. I do believe that life is a giant classroom and that there are individual lessons that we are here to learn. We can choose to pay attention to the different signs that are placed in our paths, or we can ignore them. That is partially where free-will comes in. As far as things like illness come in, I do believe that nature can be very random and that some things just happen. It's what we choose to do in the face of adversity that is up to us. The "coincidences" which are placed in our way, are put there in order to remind us that we are either on track, or that we need to re-evaluate. It is up to us to see the lessons that are there. Does that make any sense? I look at my illness as something that I must learn from, not as something that was pre-ordained. It's all based on faith and faith is not something that can be absolutely explained.

    Now as far as your fatigue goes, have you been checked for fibro or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome? I can totally relate to being tired all of the time because of my chronic pain and fibro. I need to sleep a whole lot. Also, have you been checked for thyroid problems or low iron levels? Long term fatigue is not normal, so if it continues you do need to speak to your doc. My mother has low iron levels and all she wanted to do was sleep.

    Please take good care! I do hope you feel better soon.

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be sure to visit tomorrow and play the Robot Nine Picture Puzzle.
    Alan

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...