"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Friday, November 7, 2008

Yet another week has passed.


and while I am glad in so many ways that I can move on from dealing to healing and look forward to a new week starting, with all it's possibilities, there is always a part of me that is a little sad that another week of my life has passed. When I was growing up and wishing for this or that to hurry up and get here my father used to say, "stop wishing your life away." I get that now more than any other time in my life. Hey, maybe I am learning new things ;)
I had a few more tests (don't have results yet) and lots of lab work, physical therapy, two trips to the doctor and even a trip to the grocery store. Seeing as getting in and out of the car is about my limit at this point I must admit that I am exhausted. I would like nothing more than to sit down with my husband and watch a baseball game...even if it is just the Mariner's...even though baseball season is over. I have much, much more that I could go on about, including some incredibly rude and difficult 'family' behaviour, but right now, I just want to take a deep breath and think about the incredible blessings I have in my life. The wonderful people in my family of friends that get me through each day. You know who you are...and I thank you and love you with all of my heart. Have a good weekend...be safe...take a deep breath...

If you have a chance to spread some love and kindness I know a few fellow-bloggers out there that really need your thoughts...Debbie is struggling with the recent death of her sister and, Marcy with the death of 'Daddy Jimmy,' and don't forget to check in on David and Janet as they both fight the fight of their lives and live every moment with grace and gratitude. http://www.fivestringguitar.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

  1. Oh JoJO, thanks for the continued prayers. My hubby sure will appreciate them. ( Daddy Jimmy was HIS grandfather).
    He has had a rough week of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the prayers Jojo. I need them. Thanks for being such a dear friend. I hope all your labs and tests come back good. Please let me know. I see the new endo on Tuesday. Have been waiting 3 mos for this appt. Please keep in touch.

    God Bless~
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. JoJo, you are one good woman. Dealing with your stuff and thinkin' about other friends, too. I think you're very smart to think about all the beautiful and good things in your life as opposed to rude family behaviour. The only person you can control is yourself. It took me a long time to understand that one and I figure as long as I can look in the mirror and smile at what I see, I'm doing okay.

    Glad you are on the healing trail.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...