"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Monday, November 17, 2008

Is there a doctor in the house?

Just a quick wrap-up of last weeks chapter of 'My Magical Medical Tour."

  • Monday--PCP appointment, lab work, and referral to a Rheumatologist.
  • Tuesday--Podiatrist appointment, physical therapy.
  • Wednesday--PCP appointment, and referral to Orthopedist and Nephrologist (kidney).
  • Thursday--Kidney ultrasound, hip/spine x-rays. Physical therapy.
  • Friday--Bone scan, appointment w/physical medicine Dr.

Now this week starts anew bright and early Monday morning with an MRI. Then it's wait and see for all the results to come in.

As I sit here by the fire, sipping my cup of tea and watching the November sunset quickly fade away I am left to ponder: should I have forced, um I mean...encouraged...(yea, that's it) my children to go to Medical school? 'They' do say that 20/20 is hindsight right?

7 comments:

  1. I think you did a great job influencing your children. On a personal level - I'm glad you encouraged your children to become whatever they wanted. :)

    Looks like you have a busy schedule this week with appointments to take you through the week. Have fun, smile and poke fun with the doctors and nurses. :)

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, hope all turns out well JoJo. Will say a prayer for you!/hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh don't we just love the weeks of doc appointments!! NOT!!!!!!
    I am hoping that your tests results will help the docs, figure out a way to help with the pain. My pain has been BAD lately. Winter sure doesn't help, as the snow falls, my pain hurts!!
    I wish you the best, Jojo, and I am with Bruno, you are a good mommy who encouraged her kids to be what the wanted to be!
    ILY

    God Bless~
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, JoJo... what an awesome week of touring all the medical facilities in the area. Girlfriend, I don't envy you a bit. And as far as encouraging your kids to be docs... I've got 2 brothers that are docs and haven't done anything more for me than taking off moles and encouraging me to find a doctor to take care of this or that... Of course, your children might have felt more obliged to help out than a brother.

    Keep us posted.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jojo,

    I am praying for you, my friend. I do hope that when the results come in, it will give the doctors wisdom to know how to handle your pain.

    Thank you for your kind words of support for Aunt May and our family. I've posted an update and am leaving soon to go and sit with her.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. My kids are still young enough! Your post may have just changed their fates!!

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...