"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Fours

I've been wandering around trying to play 'catch-up' with every one's blog and I must say there is a lot that goes on when I'm not checking in with y'all. I stopped by Mama' Bears place and Debbie had this cute little 'four' meme going on that I thought I would try. Then I went by Silence is Broken and low and behold if Laura ~Peach~ didn't have the same one (plus another for later). I don't know where it started but the rules are;

go to your fourth photo file and post the fourth photo. Sounds easy enough...so here it goes:

This is a picture we took outside the "San Jose Mission," when we were visiting San Antonio about a year and half ago. It was a large Mission by Mission standards and was very well preserved. It was also very well organized with 'family' quarters around the perimeter and the Church at one end. They had a very complex system of running water and very abundant gardens also.
We have taken several Mission tours and I have found all of them to be quite fascinating, very humbling, and very spiritual. It was nice going down this little memory lane here...great idea Deb. There are no other rules to this meme so if you feel like joining in please do but don't feel obligated.

4 comments:

  1. I am way behind also-I am planning a big SURPRISE party for my daughter-keeping everything a secret and planning the event is exhausting!
    I will try and do the pic thing tommorow-if I get to post.
    Miss hearing from ya!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi friend,

    Have you ever been to the mission in San Juan Capistrano? It's in such a lovely little town. I live about 15 minutes from there and just adore the area.

    Hoping you are well.

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to have to go look in my fourth photo file and find my fourth photo. I don't want you all to have all the fun. Going to look now...

    Have a good night.

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...