"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Monday, October 13, 2008

The short and the sweet...

here's the short:

I will be back to blogging, hopefully this week, as my doctor and I are working on some pain management solutions. Nothing concrete yet but we have a plan so I am keeping my fingers crossed. Thank you for your continued support and for checking in on me. You all rock ;)

now the sweet:

today is the birthday of my dear friend Carrie.
I was going to write about how we first met (my gawd Carrie, you must have felt as though you had been dropped into a foreign land!). I was going to write about how our friendship grew as we endured several family tragedies. I was going to write about how seeing a woman alone with her child sealed the deal for me and changed our lives and friendship forever.
but, I decided to just write what I feel in my heart...
Carrie is the kind of friend that shows up when times are tough...often bearing food or the ever wonderful coffee drink.
(She is the friend that brings me the best chocolate when she travels to New York.)
Carrie is the friend who is there at the hospital, with a kind word and loving heart when your own heart is sick and the news is uncertain.
Carrie is the friend who listens to me go on and on about my issues and never ever tries to insert her own problems into the conversation. She is the one who confides in me with equal comfort and trust.
She is strong and resilient, and handles an incredible work/school/family schedule with strength...and makes it all look so easy to the rest of us!
Carrie is one of the greatest blessings in my life and although she is only 5' tall and 85ish lbs. I know she's got my back.
and I've got hers.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARRIE
I LOVE YOU
WITH ALL MY HEART (EVEN THE SCARRED UP PART) ;)


do you have a 'Carrie' in your life??

4 comments:

  1. I DO have a Carrie. Thank God for that! Happy B-day to your Carrie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Carrie!!
    Yes, I do have a Carrie, my daughter Carrie!!! LOL. She, besides my hubby is my best friend!!
    Email me and let me know what the doc and you have planned!! Good Luck!!
    ILY

    God Bless~
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jojo,

    How wonderful to have a friend like Carrie. I wish her a very Happy Birthday. May her day be filled with much love, laughter and fun.

    I continue to keep you in my prayers. I hope you and your doctor are able to get the pain under control.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to catch up with you. I have missed your writing and words that always lifted me up.
    I hope your pain is being managed.

    Your friend,

    David

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...