"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Friday, October 3, 2008

A good thought, a prayer and maybe some finger crossing...



seems that I could use them all. Bright and early Monday morning I will travel over to the surgery center and have another round of epidural injections into my lower spine. This is the third and last try to get some pain relief in my leg. We (the doctor "we") will be trying something different and will be injecting into several areas including the piriformis muscle, the hip-joint and several pressure points. The piriformis muscle is the one that the nerve seems to be entraped in, and the nerve is thought to be what is causing most of the trouble. I will have to have this done without any type of anesthesia so the doctor can inject the pressure points. Needless to say I'm not real excited about that! IF these injections work I will have a 7-10 day window of lessened pain. I will always have the spinal pain but the nerve pain may be lessened...which means I may be able to stand and put pressure on my leg, may be able to walk, may be able to go outside, go visit my children (they have steps), go out to lunch with my husband, go to the grocery store...you know...all the normal things. (all the things I haven't been able to do for four months). Seven to ten days is about all we can expect as I cannot have cortisone again and will be injected with lidocaine and novocaine. That's O.K., I'll take it...and I'll love it.


You know I will be sharing all the lovely details with you...aren't you lucky? And hopefully, for a few days at least, I won't be so crazy on medication, and I won't be so 'random.'


Have a good weekend, be safe, and I'll be back soon ;)

14 comments:

  1. hugs and prayers I hope it helps!
    chronic pain is just horrid~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo.

    I am sorry that you are still suffering with the pain. I know what spinal and leg pain is about. I've endured both since 1988 when I was in a car accident.

    Continuting to pray that the doctors will have the wisdom to lessen your pain.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow hope those last shots will let you do what you want to and have some relief at lesat for a little while. Have a great weeekend and prayers will be coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, Ms. JoJo, I am praying for exceptional results!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am hoping for the best for you Jojo, and hope this gives you some relief. Nerve pain is just horrible, as we both know. I wish you the best. Know that I will be praying that it works. ILY.

    God Bless~
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have back problems too and I am hoping this treatment works well for you! My Dad has injections into his spine every three months and also wears morphine patches...terrible, just terrible...good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so understand the World of Pain with no relief. I think you're a trooper for having dealt with it with the style and grace you have been and you are in my daily prayers for relief.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, JJ...you know you have not only my good thoughts, prayers and finger crossings, but I will also cross the toes and a few other things that you probably don't really want to hear about :).

    I am so, so sorry you have to go through this to get even a little relief. At this point, I guess you have no choice but to be grateful for what you can get, however you get it. And I am grateful that you will have that 7-10 window to enjoy things that are usually not in the realm of possibility for you. I just wish (and pray and hope and cross things) that "they" (the medical community "they") could come up with something better and longer-lasting for you. I don't tell you this often enough--as I have been busy lurking around here without commenting--but I truly think you are amazing and I admire you for being able to handle everything in the manner you do!

    Because I've been such a comment slacker, I'm now going to go back to previous posts and comment there, too. I know you find this really hard to believe, but I have lots to say on some of them...BWAHAHAHA!

    Prayers, prayers, more prayers and everything else, too. Topped off by wishing on a star for good measure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prayers aimed for Monday. I suppose this means I'll have to drag my butt out of bed early Monday morning, too, along with ya. Since my daughter's surgery is in the afternoon, the only Mass I can get to that morning is (gag) 9 a.m.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sending healing thoughts and prayers your way.

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, JJ--I just wanted to stop by and let you know I'm thinking about you right now. I was just over to visit Four Angels' Momma and if you haven't been by in a while, you should go!

    Take care, and you know you have my prayers tomorrow (and always)...

    ReplyDelete
  12. "A good thought, a prayer and maybe some finger crossing..."
    I am doing all those things for you Jojo, tonight. Good luck for you in the morning. I pray all goes well and relief is on it's way.
    When you feel up to it, let me know please how you are.
    ILY.

    God Bless~
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're a trooper, stay strong, and keep looking out that window. Love Gnick

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love, hugs and prayers from MN, JJ!

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...