"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Monday, September 15, 2008

A shade of blue...


I was having trouble blogging today. I couldn't figure it out, my mind was not connecting with my fingers. I couldn't seem to get my thoughts together. My words came out on paper as unintelligible. I was upsetting myself wondering what this malady could be. Has my life become so blah that I've got nothing left to say? Could it be that I am just exhausted from the pain? Has the drama with my sis and mil driven me too far? So far that I can't seem to get back to 'me'? Do I even know who 'me' is anymore???

Then I stopped by Kim-d's place and found that she too is suffering the same disorder. Much to my surprise and relief she had found the name for it...melancholy. Yeah, that sums it all up. I'm feeling rather melancholy and I just need to work through some things and then I'll be fine.

6 comments:

  1. Hi JoJo,

    I am sorry to hear that you are feeling so down in the dumps! You have been through so much both physically and emotionally, my friend, so it's no wonder that your soul is crying out. Take some time to nurture yourself. Do some little things that bring you joy. Honor your spirit's need to take a break from all of the stress that life throws at us. It's okay to feel sad for a bit, but then try to do some things that will make you feel happier again.

    Sending healing prayer your way.

    Hugs and love,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. JoJo,
    Sorry to hear about your health issues. I just read about your new drug that you took on Tues, that's too bad that it knocked you out that bad. I can only hope your days get better. My father is ill with MS. We have one thing after another to deal with there...new meds all the times with boat laods of side effects. It's been a long road, but I think we are seeing some improvements.
    Take care of yourself, JoJo.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  3. JoJo,

    I did a little exploring on your blog and am sorry to hear that you are experiencing such leg pain. I understand because I have experienced leg pain for over 20 years. My heart goes out to you. Pain can make us depressed and yes, feel melancholy. I sure hope that they find some pain meds that work for you. My pain is from an injury sustained in a car accident and now arthritis has set in. For years my legs hurt so bad I could barely put one foot in front of the other. Since taking Celebrex (which is for arthritis) the pain has decreased.

    As far as the depression and melancholy, it can also make you feel exhausted. Check with your doctor to see if you can take some Vitamin D. It really makes a difference to your energy level. It's worth a try and I hope your doctor gives you the okay and that it works for you.

    Praying for you.
    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you're having a better day. Thanks for stopping by.
    Hugs,
    Cathie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, JoJo... sorry to find you in a blue funk. Sometimes a change in meds can do that, but with all you have on your plate, any excuse would be right.

    Glad you stopped by and, yes, that is a photo that I took. It's about 30 miles from where I live, but it shows folks the red dirt around here.

    I hope tomorrow finds you in a better place. Just know we all carry you in our hearts.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...