"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

One.Wild.Ride.

As you all (y'all) know, I have medical issues, (Slight understatement.) and have been dealing with back/leg pain for several weeks. What you do not know is that I've been completely incapacitated by this malady. I can no longer put weight on my left leg, walk on it, or have any type of pressure put on it...anywhere. This has been very frustrating for both myself, my husband, and my merry band of physicians. They have tried and tried to come up with something to ease the pain and help return me to some semblance of life. I've had a series of epidural spine injections which have had no (zero) effect on the pain. I also take a drug cocktail several times a day consisting of a pain med, anti-nausea, and muscle relaxer. This also does nothing to ease the pain. I take it because I keep hoping it will help but all it really does is make me not care about anything. The dosages on the med have been increased and I'm pretty sure that I am now addicted to Percocet. Hello??? Betty Ford Clinic??? (Maybe a guest spot on Intervention?) Yesterday...they added another medication to the mix. It is a medication used to treat nerve pain. So, the first thing I did, which I always do, is check the Wiki or drug.com to see what interactions there may be, or side effects. There were none, so I made the sign of the cross, said a little prayer and downed the new mixture. Let me just say......I.do.not.remember.one.thing.from.yesterday. I can not believe that people do this to themselves on purpose..I can't imagine how they survive. Apparently I did nothing but lay on the couch in a half-sleep mode, watching tv, and channel surfing. Oh, and I guess I did a lot of twitching . At some point in time I must have gotten on the computer as I see I have left some comments on y'alls blog. Wow. I certainly hope I didn't offend anybody. Believe me, I will never do that again even if it helps the pain which I don't really know since I can't remember. So bear with me peeps...I'll be back to 'me' soon.

OH yeah, I may have possibly sent my brother-in-law a nasty e-mail, (which he deserved by the way) regarding something he did/said to me. I'm pretty sure I did...I think, yeah, well, there goes another bridge on fire.

7 comments:

  1. hugs and prayers jojo. I wish I had an answer to help you and to control tha pain:(
    more hugs Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. No you didn't offend me at all, in fact you amused me with your comment! I hope you find some relief soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, girl. I just stopped and prayed for you. May the Lord intervene and a "miracle" be found just for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry Jojo. I so understand, nerve pain and it's bad. Have they tried the Fentanyl patch on you yet? I use that, which takes a edge off maybe. They have also offered me the spinal cord stimulator. I have turned it down. Please know I am thinking about you and praying for you. I hope one day they will find something to help us.

    God Bless~
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Sweetie! That's not a nice feeling, I know. 15 years ago I broke my back in a jet ski accident. I did not like that feeling of not being with it when I took all the drugs. I'll be praying for you.

    Hey... if you find out you did send your bil a nasty note... and it's any good... post it! Things people say when they are uninhibited always crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow. I hope that you feel better soon. I feel the same way about meds/drugs. If the doctor gives me a pain reliever as soon as I can, I get off of it. Thank you for visiting my blog. I will visit you again!

    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...