"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Friday, September 12, 2008

Happy Friday


This lone sunflower decided to plant itself in the middle of our tomato patch. I've never planted sunflowers before and now I am hooked. I will surely be planting them next spring. We are having a beautiful Indian Summer here and the weekend is supposed to be fantastically sunny and warm. I am hoping to get myself outside and enjoy some of it. What do you have planned this weekend?? I hope everyone in the path of Ike remains safe. Please remember to check out Wednesdays post and don't forget to pick up your 'award.'


This one's for Deb ;)

6 comments:

  1. love the sun flower ... the squirrels tore ours up ... someday ... sigh :D
    Happy Friday! hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful sunflower - can i have a tomato?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunflowers are my fave-my kitchen has been decorated in them. I live in Kansas so I guess all that makes sense. Love your singular flower-hope your tomatoes turn out delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great, tomatoes and a sunflower! No fair!! LOL. Go out and enjoy the weather. It helps with mood and pain. Know, I love ya and care!!!!

    God Bless~
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jojo,

    I absolutely love sunflowers. In autumn, they draw the birds to your yard for the seeds. The grandsons and I planted a few sunflower seeds this year but for some reason they didn't grow. I expect with all the rain we had that they rotted in the ground. We are still getting rain and many of my flowers and plants died because of too much water this year.

    Take care and enjoy your nice weather.
    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, JoJo... you absolutely deserve both awards...Especially the Inspiration Award. I'm so glad I found your site. You encourage and inspire me on a daily basis.

    I love it when I get good surprises in my garden. This year we had a bunch of moss rose that sprang up from heaven knows where, but it was a good year for it because we've had some financial challenges and we weren't able to buy annuals for color like we usually do. The good Lord takes care of us and makes us smile in many ways. Enjoy you beautiful sunflower. It graces your tomatoes beautifully.

    We are expecting 5" - 12" of rain, courtesy of Ike, in the next 2-3 days, so I'll be on and off the internet, mostly off..:-(

    But I'll keep up as best I can. Have an excellent weekend.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...