"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Spies and Cupcakes



Just revealed: Julia Child was a WWII spy. Well there you have it...


I had a great birthday. Thank you all for the well wishes. I'm hoping to do another 55 but I'm not sure I have that in me. Don't think I won't try though...it's all about the trying ;) I learned something very, very important from my 8 year old niece about birthday cake, or birthday mini-cupcakes in this case. The "correct" way to eat one is to unwrap it, pull the bottom half of the cupcake away, place it on top of the frosting, and "squish" it. It sorta becomes an icing sandwich. Now there, you learned TWO new things just by coming here today!! And who says I've got nothing to do all day?? It's called research.

4 comments:

  1. Jojo, Okay the cupcake thing will be fun to try but my mouth dropped when I read that Julia Child was a spy. I just searched headline news and we may be learning about thousands of spies that previously were unknown. Very interesting indeed.

    Jojo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia Child a spy? OMG.

    Glad you had a good birthday!!

    God Bless~
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. JoJo,

    Happy, happy belated birthday, my dear! I know that this has been a rough year for you, so I am sending you wishes and prayers for a much better one to come! Your sweet spirit makes it a joy to call you friend.

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard about Julia the Spy on the news, too, and I thought it was kinda cool...I was a big Julia fan, though. Loved her!

    And the cupcake tip? YES!!! That is genius, and I would love to try it but I'm trying to be...ummmm...healthier. It just wouldn't work so good with two rice cakes! BWAHAHAHA...

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...