"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Sorta...Kinda...Wanna...

try to post. (Are you not impressed with my command of the English language)? I have to admit that I've just not been up to posting the last few days...it's not that I don't want to...but the pain has won out...temporarily. I've been on bed rest for a few days, and had my pain meds kicked up a notch, and also added a muscle relaxer with no reduction of the pain whatsoever. I am scheduled to go Wednesday morning for another round of epidural injections and additional injections into my hip bursa. The doc is a little more optimistic this time that we will come up with a combination that will garner some relief. Meanwhile...

Summertime seems to have slid away. I can feel fall in the air and the temps. here are going to fall to the low 30's tonight. I can't remember a shorter summer than this one. It was only a few weeks of sunny, warm weather---I was hoping it would last a little longer. Although I surely love the fall I feel a little cheated on the summer. We are just now getting some decent sized tomatoes and peppers in our garden. Most everything else it lagging way behind.

I got an award last week from "Monkling" and as soon as I get back to a non-drug-induced state I will post it and tell you all about it. It surprised the heck, ya heck, out of me, and in a good way. Thanks "Monkling" for thinking of me!!!

Well, this is the last official weekend of the summer and I hope everyone is having some summertime fun. Then, share it with me because I am living vicariously through all of you right now...so make it good. I also hope and pray that Gustav makes a by-pass across the Gulf Coast and everyone will be safe. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, take care and be safe.


6 comments:

  1. wow come on down to the deep south it is still very much summer here... temps over 90 today and humid too ... I do hope you get to feeling better and that the appt on Wednesday helps.
    HUgs and prayers Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the shot finally works. Sorry you are feeling so poorly, pain in your limbs when u can't really feel them really sucks! I can't feel my toes or anythihg, but god forbid i should accidently step on a small toy or something and it feels like someone stabbed my foot with a sword!
    Hope you are all right again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol jo jo was hernia repair (the third one) so I told them to not to try to reconstruct another one just removed the pain in the butt... and be darned if I dont have yet another hernia but its on the right side not at the belly button~!

    ReplyDelete
  4. JoJo,

    I am so sorry that you have been living in such pain. Like you, I have tried everything to resolve the pain that I must endure, but sometimes, nothing works. I understand your frustration. I pray that the next injection works and that you get some relief!

    Thank you so much for your note. You do understand and it helps to hear your insightful words. I am sorry that you understand because of firsthand experience. We try to give people the benefit of the doubt and then they just continue to become nastier and nastier. It is very sad and such a waste of energy. My nieces are only five and nine which makes things that much harder. I had a very strong bond with the older one, so I pray that she keeps that in her heart.

    Thanks again for you kindness and support. You are such a dear.

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for your kind words to me. I am so sorry you are having so much pain, and I understand fully. I pray your next set of shots work. You are in my daily prayers and thoughts. I too am having a hard time.

    It was in the 90's here today and will be again tomorrow. We were cool last week, hot this week. I wish it would decide which. This back and forth kills David. I set outdoors with the kids the other evening and got ate alive by the mosquito's, gnats, something. Since we've hardly had rain, it surprises me.

    Again thanks Jojo. Please feel better.

    God Bless~
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear your garden has fallen behind this year. Other than a little extra rain in Toronto, we did not have a single smog day..That's huge for Toronto, but also a good sign we are cleaning our air. A typical summer in Toronto always had at least 30 to 40 smog alerts.

    hope you feel better soon..

    Bruno

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...