"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Circles

I can't count how many times today that I have tried to post something interesting or fun, or to vent or rant, and I just don't seem to have it in me. I feel so "blog-stipated." It's not as if I have nothing to say...in fact it's quite the opposite. I just haven't found my place yet...here in blogger-world. I still feel a little unsure of myself and just how much I want to share, or put out into the blogosphere. It's very difficult for me to open up and at times it makes me feel very vulnerable. I feel a little confused lately, rather foggy in my head. I totally blame it on percocet. Oh my sweet, lovely percocet. Some day soon I will write a ode to you...my dear, dear friend.

I noticed a change in the air today. The weather is still nice but there is a feeling of autumn in the air. It seems early and although I thoroughly love autumn I am not quite ready to let go of summer. I seems as though I've missed the entire summer, lost here in this never ending cycle of pain, percocet, and sleep...pain, percocet, sleep... The injections I received two weeks ago have not helped with the pain AT ALL so I've been referred to yet another doctor. I feel like I'm going in circles. I called on Friday to make an appointment for a consultation and was told that I could not do so (I have two referrals) until Doctor # 1 and Doctor # 2 talk to this doctor. A meeting of the minds as they say. Well I called again today and nobody seems to know what I'm talking about. I wonder now if I imagined the whole thing...I wonder if I'm starting to lose my mind. I wonder...

Thank you all for the wonderful birthday well-wishes for Lindsay. She was so touched by your sweet comments, as was I. If you have a chance today drop on over to Debbie's place, Mama Bears Thoughts , and wish her a Happy Birthday as well. She has been having some real health issues lately too and could use some cheering up. So get your rah-rah outfits on and let's see what we can do.

7 comments:

  1. Well, I don't know, JJ...for being blog-stipated, you pretty much did an excellent post! You know...in my opinion, you should just write whatever you want, whenever you want. Sometimes that will mean that you feel like sharing anything and everything, and sometimes not. Just write whatever you're comfortable with and what makes you feel as if your load has been lightened somewhat. Because I am SUCH AN EXPERT, you see, I can give out all this advice. BWAHAHAHA!!! Really, I'm just a blowhard who loves nothing more than to "hear herself talk" but, nonetheless, know this...whatever you decide to write, you have people who want to read it. People who are your friends and who care. People like me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel about autumn moving in quickly, but for some reason, I'm always ready. However, I do wish time didn't go by so quickly. Happy birthday to your beautiful daughter!
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never know what I am going to post until the blank blog stares at me. Some of my best blog posts have been those that, to me, seemed boring and a waste of space. Let the YOU that is uniquely you come out and just write.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job Jojo. I too, fell blog-stipated at times. You will notice those as gaps in my blog days...LOL.

    Thanks so much for the Birthday Wishes!! And adding me to your blog, was a big present in itself. I love you too!!

    Guess what I get to do today, on my birthday? Go get my eyes checked and dilated. Sounds like fun, doesn't it?

    God Bless~
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hell, if you're on percocet, how the heck are you even able to type more than 1 sentence?

    ReplyDelete
  6. JoJo, I am so sorry I missed your birthday. Happy late birthday!!! It was during the rains and I wasn't able to get on line very much so I was catching up on my reading today. I was fortunatly able to read enough to give b.d. wishes to your Lindsay, but the rain started again and zapped the satellite, so today is catch up day.

    BTW I have no doubt that the percocet can cause blog-stipation... I know for sure it causes other things to clog up so why not the blogging part of the brain? Been there.. done that, but I agree, when you need it, it works.

    As for writing, I'm right there with Kim-D, and will add that this blogging world is quite an outlet, and less expensive than a psychiatrist.

    Hope you get that 'doc' business straightened out. That in itself can make you think you are nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. JoJo,

    Happy birthday to your lovely daughter. She is beautiful!

    I am sorry that you are feeling so foggy. I am sure that the narcotics are causing that. I hope that your doctor situation gets cleared up soon!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...