"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Thursday, July 24, 2008

This, That, and a Whole Lot of Nothin'

I was going to come here and complain about this never-ending back/leg/neuropathy pain that has taken over my life. Then I looked around Caring Bridge and Blog land and realized I really have nothing to complain about. Sure I'm getting really frustrated and I'd like to get out and work in my yard or go shopping or some such thing. Thing is...I probably will one of these days, and as pity-party as I feel right now I also feel a little stupid about complaining about it. There is something about visiting CaringBridge sites that seems to put things in perspective. This is not, and probably won't be, the worst thing I've ever been through. In fact, I know it's not. I have been to the worst place a parent could ever go. So I'll survive this. I'm still not real happy about the pain situation and the lack of energy but I'll survive that too. I just need to take a little time to put things in order.

Thank you for all your wonderful suggestions for my niece. We are going to the craft store and stock-up on supplies. I'm also thinking of getting her a little scrapbook kit to keep for herself. We've got lots of things planned that are near where we live, and Mr. Nick(name) is taking a few days off from work to hang out with us. Now if I can just figure out a way to siphon off some of that seven year-old energy for myself we'll be good to go ;)

5 comments:

  1. Oh Jojo, I so understand!! I planted these tomatoe plants right off my patio, so it doesn't take much energy to water them. Up until a week and a half ago, God was watering them for me, but we are in a little dry period, and I have to water them.

    The neuropathy pain is big. it hurts!!! Has the doc ever tried Metanx for you? I am trying it now. It's a vitamin,( prescription). He gave me samples as I am his 1st patient on it. I am also on the fentanyl patch for pain. Do you take anything for your neuropathy?

    I too, read caringbridge sites, and it breaks my heart. I pray for those families daily, and yes it puts things in order for me. I do thank God for what health I do have.

    I pray for you daily. I hope that you will feel better soon, but if anyone understands, it's me. Of all my illnesses, the neuropathy is the worse pain of them all.

    God Bless~
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caring Bridge was my lifeline after my cancer diagnosis. In fact, I followed a ton of kids over there before my diagnosis and I think their strength is what got me through as far as I have. I have prayed for and cried over so many of those little ones. To name a few, I follow Julianna in Canada, Jake in Louisiana, Katia in Florida and Kody in Florida. I still follow the families whose kids were cured in Heaven. It is a wonderful place to receive and to get support. That and CarePages have been the glue that holds cancer kids/adults and their families together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, JJ, I know...right now, the fact that I occasionally get to volunteer some time in the CaringBridge offices is one of the most important things I do. CaringBridge made me feel not quite so alone after Bill died, and made me put things in perspective. However, it's okay to feel your own pain, too, ya know? Sometimes it's easier to move on faster and easier if all that moving is preceeded by a pity party...BWAHAHAHA! Besides, you're my friend and I demand people be nice to my friends :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Friday - Warm thoughts and positive energy that you will find the energy to keep up with your little niece.

    The one thing I learned about complaining - I can complain all I like, but it will never change the past and complaining only blinds the future

    Best wishes,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so hear you, and some days (yesterday was one of them) I felt like I had enough.
    Today is another day, and I am charged up to tackle what they throw at me.
    Stay well!
    David

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...