"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Pet Menagerie


I mentioned, in an earlier post, that we have been dog-sitting my BF's dog, Sandy. She was here on and off for the last three weeks, along with some goldfish who have since gone over the rainbow (don't ever ask me to fish-sit). Sandy's people came over on Friday to pick her up. Gawd, she was happy to see her little girl! And I was happy because my BF brought me goodies from her trip to Singapore. How sweet is that??? And even better than these gifts...you guessed it...chocolate. Yes, I proudly raise my hand and say, "I AM a chocoholic." But I digress. Shortly after Sandy left for her home my daughter called and asked if we could "watch" the cats for a few days as she is traveling for her job. "O.K." A few days is in reality two weeks so for now we have exchanged Sandy for two wild and crazy cats. In two weeks, when the cats return to their home, we will have Sandy again for a week. BUT, she will be bringing her owner with her...my seven year old niece. Woo-hoo! We are so excited to have her staying with us for a week. If any of y'all (see I'm catching on) have any ideas for entertaining a seven year old for a week let me know. I'm sure I'll need something besides "movie night." So now without further adieu...

Luna: the c.r.a.z.y. cat. Likes food only out of the can...three times a day. Must be a new can each time or crying will ensue. She is the boss and don't forget it. She will hide and try to trip you when you least expect it, thus leading me to the conclusion that she is trying to kill me.
Oscar: the sweetheart with the most beautiful green eyes. Will only eat dry food and vertical water. Do not even attempt to use your own bathroom sink without him needing to be in it for the drinking of the water. Likes the dog's chair for napping. Is very boisterous and has a great personality (most of the time).


Gracie: "three weeks ago I was an only child. Now there's a cat sleeping in my chair and another one following me everywhere I go. WTF people???"

6 comments:

  1. At least the fish are gone....

    What is it about cats and that incessant screaming? I know. It's their training technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dogs Rule, and cats rule dogs

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dog Bart tries his best sometimes to knock me down I think.

    After they are all gone and it's just ya'll and the original dog, it will be so quiet, you have to go adopt a few more dogs...LOL.

    You are lucky your Gracie gets along with Cats, my 3 doggies would terrify a poor cat! LOL

    God Bless~
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little girls love having their fingers and toes polished and they like making jewelry. I'd hit up a craft store or Wal Mart and get some beads and ribbon and let her make necklaces and bracelets. I'm more of a dog person. Now I know who to leave the 4 dachshunds with when I want to go somewhere. lol Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes you can plant them I woudl get one of those little hot house thingys with the mulch pods to get the seeds a jump start...once the seedlings are to the top of the little lid then I would plant them... one seed to each pod and dont worry if those dont do much this year I will have BILLIONS of seeds come this fall! so I can always send more.
    HUGS Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linus is five, so we haven't hit seven yet, but she loves:
    *getting her nails painted (then she immediately freaks out and wants it off, go figure)
    *baking anything: cupcakes, cake, making popsicles (she loves to read Pinkalicious--I change a few words though--and then making pink cupckaes)
    *arts & crafts type things, especially if glitter is involved. Get the glitter sticks, less mess.
    *shrinky dink jewelry-hours of fun
    *dancing and singing. she uses the fireplace as a stage and dances and sings for hours. a cheapo microphone (or even a spoon) thrills her
    *making t-shirts with markers (sharpies will do)
    *chalk for the driveway
    I know there's more. I'll let you know as I think of them.

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...