"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Heroes

" we look at athletes, celebrities, and rock stars today and wonder why there are no heroes anymore. We are just looking in the wrong places. You'll hardly find heroes in locker rooms or stadiums, or on movie sets.

The real heroes in the world are all around us. They are everyday people who respond selflessly for others and beyond our wildest expectations.

Then there are the others...who are inherently beautiful and brave because of their indomitable spirit. They are people who do their job everyday, day after day, despite a deck stacked against them that is both cruel and unfair.

They transcend illness and imperfection by their very existence and reveal the true meaning of the word " hero." They show us the value and worth of life."


Thank you "my heroes" for lifting me up, for your words of comfort and support, for helping me to see my life and all it's possibilities.

7 comments:

  1. Really nice Blog, Jojo. Without those "heros", how would we ever get by?

    Thanks for reminding me of them.

    God Bless~
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right on about Heros, they walk among us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful post!!!!
    I have few true heros but the ones I do are simply amazing!!~
    HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. JJ, it was so nice to read these words! I'm so sorry I haven't been by much, but I think once I get my "bearings" I'll be able to manage my time a little better. Or not. BWAHAHAHA!

    You know, I think the the word "hero" has become so overused; to refer to so many people as "hero" seems to minimize what a hero truly is. Rock stars, movie stars, athletic stars; nope, not heros, in my opinion. The ones quietly walking among us and just doing what they do? Amazing gifts from God!

    Have a good weekend, JJ!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes I am feeling it today big time. My right wrist is all swollen and my knee all bruised up, and I am very stiff! Could have been worse I guess. Is it Mentanx you are taking? Doc put me on that last month, doesn't seem to be helping :o( How many a day dop you take?

    Thanks for caring Jojo, means the world to me.

    Isn't Cooper the cutest? And he's our miracle baby.I am so thankful for his life.

    God Bless~
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for bringing a smile to my face on a regular basis!

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...