"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Gracie is a Lousy Hostess


We are dog-sitting for the next three weeks. Actually, dog and goldfish sitting but, so far, the goldfish have been no problem. Sandy is my BF's dog and has known Gracie for at least seven years. They get along well, pretty much staying out of each other's way. Maybe better to say they tolerate each other. They don't fight and they don't play together. Perhaps "indifference" is a better word for these two. Sandy is a "barker," she is very vocal about everything. Grace is a follower in most every sense of the word. If Sandy needs to go out...Grace needs to go out. If Sandy barks...Grace starts barking. If Sandy jumped off a cliff...Grace would jump off a cliff...I think you see what I'm saying! The thing is: Grace is always plotting something. She can't stand not being the center of attention. She can't stand sharing. She doesn't want to walk with Sandy. She doesn't want to eat with Sandy. She doesn't want to share the yard with Sandy. BUT she goes along with things just waiting, waiting, waiting, for her moment to rebel. Mr. Nick went out to the garage earlier, to get something from his car. The door to the outside was open slightly and the garage door was open. It was all too much for Grace to bear. "Enough," she cried, as she sneaked through the crack in the door, flying past Mr. Nick with the speed of lightning. First taking a right turn out of the driveway, then a quick left down the street, then a 35mph run to the park with her eyes set on the river. We jumped in the car and raced her to the park (that's how I know how fast she was running), and managed to convince her that she was such a "good-girl," that she turned back and came home with us. Now she's laying here looking at us as if to say, "what???" Only yesterday, she was limping around the house as if she had pulled something in her leg...woe is me. Yeah, I'm not falling for that one again. (Sandy has only been here since Thursday)

6 comments:

  1. Oh JoJo,

    It's going to be a very loooooong three weeks! I often wonder what goes on inside of my dog's head, and I have a feeling that it has to be much more than I can even imagine. Gracie devised a plan and executed it perfectly.(well, almost!) Best of luck!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. TO FUNNY!!! Sounds like my 3. What one does, the other 2 have to do. Bart is my gang leader. Oh you are going to have a long 3 weeks ahead of you, but in the end I know that when Sandy is gone, Gracie will be sad :o(

    Hve a great Sunday my friend!!

    God Bless~
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny! My dog is SO submissive. She'd let a flea be the alfa. And she'd make a break for it too. Her runs aren't quite as long though. She runs out the door, gets about 1/4 way down the block, then turns around and stands there waiting for you to notice her. The the catch-me-if-you-can game begins. She's so silly though, if you turn around and walk away, she follows. Works every time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehe, dogs r crazy! Mine alwasyact like they love each other, then the other night the little one was jumpig up and snapping her jaws trying to catch a fly and the older one thought she was trying to bite her instead and that turned into a real dog fight..
    Love em but they can be a pain, lol:)) The pic of the dogs together though is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, JJ, I hear ya. I'm dogsitting, too. The whole post today is pretty much dog-related. They sure are a trip, aren't they? Gracie and Sandy...oh boy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. JoJo,

    Thank you so much for the very kind comment you left for me on my blog. It sounds like you know where I am in my journey, as you are on the same kind of a path. I wish you success and lots of luck. We have to be the examples, don't we, JoJo?

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...