"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Gifts...from Singapore




My dear friend, and ex-sister-in-law, recently took a trip to Singapore. She always brings back something for me in her travels, and it's usually chocolate. I've had the pleasure of tasting chocolate from all over the world but the chocolate she brings from New York is always the best...she's there now...mmmmmm. Here's a couple of the other gifts she recently brought back: The top picture is a "bowl." It is made of fabric and it's shape is held together buy some little buttons/loops. The second picture is of a beautiful scarf. How sweet is it to have someone think of you when they are off enjoying a wonderful vacation? Pretty awesome if you ask me. Thanks Carrie, with all my heart, I love you.

5 comments:

  1. Aren't gifts from friends, the best? It's the things you hold dear to you, and you have some beautiful gifts there.

    I hope that your weekend was fun and safe.

    God Bless~
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great it is to have someone take the thought and time to pick up a gift for you while they are traveling! They're beautiful. Thanks for sharing the pics. I live vicariously through my blog friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am never as thoughtful as other people are. What a wonderful friend you have (and must be!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of your Singapore gifts are SO beautiful; I especially love the "bowl." That would look wonderful in my livingroom :)! And now I completely expect that you will tell us all about the chocolate from New York that will, in all likelihood, be forthcoming.

    Not too long ago, when a friend of mine went to Florida to visit family, she brought me back several gifts. Maybe you saw the pictures of them that I posted, if you read back that far. I cannot even begin to express how much it meant to me, so I know how you feel about the things Carrie brings back for you. It's not so much WHAT it is, but just that they thought of us when they were away! And so much the better if it IS something really cool...BWAHAHA!

    Happy Monday, JJ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such lovely and thoughtful gifts! You will have to let me know what kind of chocolate your SIL brings you back from NY. I am originally from there and I would love to know which type it is! Have you ever had See's? There are See's chocolate shops in almost every mall and it is so yummy! My dear husband keeps me well supplied. Life is too short not to eat chocolate!

    Have a happy day!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...