"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Monday, June 23, 2008

Grounded

For the past few weeks I have been traveling back and forth to the big city, about 1 1/2-2hours, to have fittings for a new "leg." Usually this is something that has to be done every two to three years as weight changes, activity levels, type of terrain, and just plain wear and tear, can cause the leg to fit differently. And believe me when I say..."when it ain't good it craps up your entire day." (lovely huh?) This process, of getting fitted, is a long and arduous one. Several times a week, back and forth, one day it fits good, one day not so much. I have gone through two test sockets in the last two weeks, both of them have cracked under the pressure of my normal day. In spite of all this or maybe because of it I have managed to develop Achilles tendonitis in my "good" leg. Ouch ; ) So I've been officially grounded---for 10 days---to rest my leg, and hopefully ease the swelling and pain. Having one leg makes it just a little harder to get around on just one leg! So here I sit, bored as heck, and it's only day three. I give warning to everyone---I will be stalking all of your blogs in the next few days. I will be relentless and I'm sure you will tire of me and tell me to go away PLEASE! But I can't, 'cause I'm hooked, and I'm bored, and it's my new drug of choice ; )

I'm going to leave you with a picture of something I made in a moment filled with nostalgia and creativity. When you look at it, and you will, think "Christmas Story," and the special award the dad won, and realize how lucky my husband is that I am SO very talented. (all I need is a lamp shade).

9 comments:

  1. Looks very FRAGILE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the leg lamp and, yes, I immediately thought of the movie, The Christmas Story!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Kimmy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!!! Yes, very much A Christmas Story. But in a very good way!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL LOVE THE LEG! I think we could probably come up with one heck of a lamp shade fringes and all! heck we coudl probably fit it with light hardward too! LOL
    HUGSSSSS stalk all ya want! i have several years of blogging it will take a while to read LOL
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. My hubby LOVES that movie and that lamp. He's a leg man...LOL..I have a pic of him, I'll have to share sometime, when I find it.

    God Bless~
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deb--
    my husband used to be a leg man too but sadly he had to switch!!

    jj

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my God, Christmas story is our favorite movie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I tried to post that pic I promised on your comments but it didn't work, so I will add it to my blog, so go to my blog and see what I said about David and that lamp!! LOL

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...