"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Monday, June 30, 2008

Complete Randomness

...because that's just how I'm feeling right now and because I can, being that this is my blog and all ; )

So when is no news actually good news? I mean really...no news is no news and it allows your mind to wander off in all different directions. And believe me I'm wandering. I did talk to my nurse today and she informed me that my lab work has been sent to another lab so results will be slow in coming back. Yeah, that's a big help, considering.

I had a series of cortisone injections in my heel today. Can we all say...OUCH! This is an attempt by my foot doctor to calm down the Achilles Tendinitis. He said it should help in about three days, if not, it's something else and we will start a wild goose chase looking for the problem. Meanwhile, still grounded and slowly losing my sanity.

My BF, also known as my ex-sister in-law, came over yesterday afternoon. She brought sandwiches and chips and we had ice coffee and "chatted" for a couple of hours. It's rather odd, this friendship that we have, considering she is only a few years older than my son, but we get along tremendously. She always checks on me and worries about my health issues and even better than that she makes me laugh. And even better than that? She lets us take care of her 7 yr. old cutie patootie daughter quite often and there is nothing better in the world to me than having a little one around. (If my daughter is reading this, no, I'm not dropping hints!) So, thanks Carrie for, well, you know...everything.


I know I don't talk about my kids very often. Not because I don't want to but I'm not sure how much they are comfortable with all of this. I was talking to my daughter, LK, on Friday and she called me out on something she had read here. In my defense, I had every intention of telling her about my lab work AND I didn't know she was checking the blog. (really no defense at all is it???) For now I will just say that they are well and good and HAPPY, in love and in life and that is good medicine for me. Although, my son informed me today that he and his girlfriend have taken to riding their bikes everywhere. That's about 15 miles round trip to work, and they live downtown in the big city, and it scares the bejezus out of me. It's a "mom" thing.


Lastly, as if this wasn't random enough, I'm posting a picture of my tomatoes. Why? Deb has put up pics of her plants and I'm so completely jealous that I thought I would share my pitiful garden this year. I totally blame the weather and not the gardener! And yes, those are Thistles growing on the left, weeds I can grow.

9 comments:

  1. Looks like you need to get out and water!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you attempting to say that my blog yesterday did not THRILL you?

    I bet it did and you're just fibbing!

    Hallie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. David---
    as unbelievable as it seems, we're on water restriction here and can only water every three days!!! I think you are right...that might be the problem!

    jj

    ReplyDelete
  4. my garden is thriving but only becuase we have a well... oh and i use the term thriving very loosely... its dying form too hot temps and watering is just not the same as rain...
    HUGS Laura
    ps... i clarified on my post for today that dog story was sent in an email to me...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Jojo, I am sorry about your garden. Makes me sad :o(

    But.... I am HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY about my tomatoes!!!! Sorry, LOL.

    And yes the weather plays a lot I think and we have had a very wet couple of months, but I do water everyday it doesn't rain good, and miracle grow, once a week.

    Love ya

    God Bless~
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deb--
    believe it or not those plants were planted in miracle-gro soil, and we water as much as we're allowed. Usually it's much healthier looking at this time of year but our weather has been so bad that our growing season is slow. Strawberries are not even out yet and that's a early June thing usually.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blah! No results yet? Waiting is SO hard! I firmly believe if the wait is more than 2 hours, it should come with a Valium. ;)

    I'm not a big tomato fan (I know, I'm odd), but strawberries? YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Does your sister have a web site/CaringBridge site? I would love to read her journey. I will be 3 years out the 19th of this month and I have a lump in my thyroid area just noticed the last 2 months and I am having trouble swallowing again just like last time. I don't see my oncologist until my yearly tests in November so I'm just keeping watch on it. Mine was papillary, too, in the center of the thyroid. Lots of nodules pressing on my airway. My tomatoes are tall with leaves and few blooms. I so want a home grown tomato. I may have to go and steal some from MamaBear(Debbie). Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I can really relate to the pain of the cortisone shot; I had those shots in my knees many years ago and still remember it like it was yesterday. After a couple of days, though, they felt really good. Not for long enough, though. UGH! I so hope it works for you.

    Aren't friends who come bearing sandwiches and chips just the best. I wish I had one of those right about now...BWAHAHAHA. It's so nice, sometimes, to have someone to just sit and chat with--to just BE. And as for your kids and your blog...I have a huge confession to make. My family doesn't have a clue that I have a blog, and that is the way I want it to stay. In fact, in my real life, only one friend knows about my blog. I like that because then I feel free to write whatever I want without worrying about offending somebody, or having to answer for what I right. For me, that's the whole point of having a blog--just for me. Just thought I'd share that...

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...