"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A.K.A.

My husband, Mr. Baseball, has become so disillusioned, disgusted and dismayed at his baseball team that he has asked to have his name changed. Now he doesn't mind if I post his picture but he prefers I not use his real name, whatever. I told him he would have to come up with a new nickname that I could use. I suggested his initials, his online name, his nickname at work, but none of these seemed to peak his interest. After mulling it over for awhile he decided he wanted to be referred to as "Nick." "WTH?" was my reply. He explained he wanted to be called "Nick" (name). I wondered if he wanted me to use a silent "g" and he could be called Gnick...he was not amused. So the artist formerly known as Mr. Baseball Nut will forever more be known as my husband "Nick." That is until he comes up with something better ; )

6 comments:

  1. I lost my love of baseball a few years ago. Too bad because at one time it held my interest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can keep the word verification but just know that I scowl everytime I see it!!!

    Hallie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waves hello to Nick...
    Thanks for visitng my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. shud have used word verification as a gname

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that a pic of you and Nick on your page? How cool!! Thanks!!

    Have a great Thursday!!

    God Bless~
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. *lol* Nick ... That's kind of cute! :-)

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...