"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Wii is taunting Mii

I have a confession to make. I'm scared of the Wii Fit! It taunts me, it haunts me, and I know it's going to hunt me down in the night and force me to do unspeakable things. (like yoga).

This past weekend my daughter, Lk and her husband, Cd, came over with our new Wii-fit and got it all hooked up and ready to go for us. Baseball nut was more that ready to jump on the board and get going. He wanted to know his real age. Being a guy and all he assumed he was in good shape. He does, after all, work a very physically demanding job, walk the dog on most days, and exercises every morning before work. ( that would be at 3am for anyone wondering). So in theory he should be good to go. In theory yeh. He went through all the introductions and tests to measure balance, strength, etc. He played ski jump, and dodged soccer balls, and ski jumped some more. All in all a fairly decent work out considering it was the first time. His wii fit age???? 68years old. WTH? (he is, by the way, nowhere near 68). My theory is that if he's healthy and active and is "68" what am I going to be? Will they have a category for a one-legged, overweight, off-balanced, slightly insane, red-headed girl? See why I'm a little scared?! P.S. he was technically overweight too---I think the Wii is a liar on top of everything else!

3 comments:

  1. accepting the risk of sounding ... keep in mind this game is made by oriental persons who never weigh more that 110 dripping wet unless they are sumo wrestlers and even when they are 68 they look and act 28 so sounds to me that the wii lies and your DH is just 28 LOL
    HUGS Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did they find the Wii Fit? My son and daughter in law can't find one. Oh my I don't think anyone is alive still the age it would tell me...LOL.

    God Bless~
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey JoJo! Okay, I can't even think about the Wii Fit, or anything having to do with a Wii because I'm too fat and old. BWAHAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...