"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Thump!!!

Baseball nut and I have become even more aware of the importance of consolidating our errands into one trip. We've always been pretty good at this but now it seems foolish not to do so with $4+ gallon of gas. So we went off to do our "errands" and he dropped me at the store while he went over to the bank, and gas station. They are all in the same place, scattered around the parking lot. You know how the stores paint the curb yellow or red so it is obvious that there is a step-up when you are walking??? Well today my leg decided to live a life independent of me and refused to step up. It didn't tell me it was planning this little adventure, nevertheless, thump. I didn't actually hit the ground though, no, that would be too easy. I tripped and splatted myself against the "out" door. In the reflection I could see baseball nut driving away completely unaware of my dilemma. I must have looked like a demented cartoon character. No major injuries though, at least not to my body. Stupid prosthetic leg.

2 comments:

  1. HUGSSSSSSS
    stupid prothestic leg...it's just rude when they take a notion to do as they well please ... and don't bother to notify you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry you fell. I have been doing that a lot lately. It's no fun and slightly embarrassing. I hope that you are ok.
    Have a great Memorial Day! God Bless you and your family!!
    No More falling!!!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...