"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Friday, May 23, 2008

My Friday

Well, today was just a fun, freaky Friday. I finally caught up with my gal pal Lori. We've been trying to meet for lunch for several weeks but her schedule is a difficult one for me to work around, today was the day. Lori and I have been friends for twenty years! That's incredible to me that I could actually tolerate someone that long but, it was just one of those "instant" friendships, and we've been through much together. She has been there for me in the most difficult of times, more so than most of my family, and I will always be grateful for that. Besides that, she's funny as hell. There is nothing, and I mean nothing that is off limits with her. This makes for some interesting encounters and even more interesting conversations. We met up at a local nursery/antique store/cafe (yep, they've got it all) and had a really nice lunch. (The best veggie quiche I've ever had with fresh asparagus, tomatoes, goat cheese). Then we shopped around for awhile and I got this:

It's either a late Mother's Day or very early Birthday gift...I haven't decided.

After all that I apparently lost all of my common sense, my thought process, or just my mind, but I did the most stupid thing a person could do at 3pm on a Friday afternoon of a holiday weekend (whoa, run-on sentence). I went to the grocery store. I wasn't there long when I returned to my senses and quickly left, got myself a nice coffee drink, and headed home to make Ree's noodle salad for dinner.

Hey Lori girl, thanks for the fun afternoon, it was nice to "visit!" There's nothing like a couple of middle-aged, fat chicks, howling and cackling over their lunch to make my day complete!






3 comments:

  1. sounds wonderful....except for the store part UGGG... we tried to go to the movies tonight... i think all of Augusta was too... we came home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, that sounded like a perfect day to me. Well, without the store part...but you handled it like a champ; skeedaddling with a coffee drink in hand! **HIGH FIVE**!! To me, time with friends (including blogging friends) is one of the best things in the world and I'm glad you got to do that yesterday. Everybody needs a Lori :)!

    I'll be around and stalking this weekend, so I hope you have a good and blogworthy one...hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your comment on my blog. Diabetes is something we have in common. Do you have the neuropathy that goes with it? I have it so bad. Do you use a power chair? Please keep in touch, I so need a fellow diabetic to chat with!!

    Love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...