"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Glorious Asparagus



fresh from the garden. NOT my garden, but I do know the person who grew it! (My father-in-law who could grow dirt if it was absolutely necessary). No........this is my garden:


see there, there? between the lovely dandelions, moss and gawd knows what else?That's my Asparagus. How freakin' pathetic are we?

Today was the opening day of the local farmer's market season. I had big plans for today. I had my market bag and walking shoes all ready to go. I could imagine the fresh Asparagus, the warm from the oven breads, the fresh vegetable starts, the lovely flowers that I would buy and carry in that awesome bag. (A gift from baseball-nut). But then came the dark clouds, and the thunder, and the lightning, and the rain, and more rain, and it's still raining..........still. Thus, I had to rethink my plan. So, we ended up going to Sears to buy a line trimmer. Why?? Apparently, baseball-nut is an optimist, hopeless one at that. He's pretty sure it's going to be spring one of these days and those lovely dandelions, and l-o-n-g grass will meet their match. Maybe then, just maybe, my Asparagus will stand a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...