"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

aaahhhhhh Tuesday


my favorite day of the week. Tuesday's are MY day. My free day, just for me to do whatever I want or not. I have no commitments on Tuesdays. No work or cardiac rehab, no doctor's appointments, tests, or errands to run. I can meet friends for lunch and shopping, hang out at home with Gracie, sleep, read, take a nap (I have sleep issues), or watch TV. Or I can muster up some energy and work on my list of things to do. This is a long list, a slightly complicated list and it's been bugging me for months. Lets see what I did today. We'll call it "woulda, coulda, shouda:"

plant my herb garden: (I've had the seeds for weeks, but it was raining and who wants to plant in the rain)
DE-clutter the dining room: (the wedding was three weeks ago, I still have a dining room full of boxes of wedding/shower stuff....it will still be there next week)
put clothes away: (I have unpacked my suitcase, laundered and folded the clothes and yet there they sit on my dresser waiting....waiting....waiting...why disrupt them now?)
ironing: (see putting clothes away)
pull weeds: (again with the rain)
set up out outside patio furniture ( still waiting for spring)
returned items to store (I'm trying to save gas)
work on scrapbook from the wedding (no real reason, just lazy)

Things I did manage to accomplish today:
hung up my winter coat (I'm an optimist about that spring thing happening)
put away my socks (they were falling off the dresser and baseball nut was complaining and offered to put them away but I would rather he not)
put the bathroom cleaning stuff on the bathroom counter (as a reminder)
watched AMC (I've been remiss on my soap watching)

And now I think I'll try to settle down and take a little rest before I watch my evening TV shows. I'm just exhausted....
Ah, yes, Tuesday's......my favorite day.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to "meet" you. I'll be back for sure!

    Love the pic of the dog!

    How adorable. :)

    Hallie

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...