"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

In the spirit......


of complete randomness I'm going to post something a little different today. I feel I can do this as CD is resting comfortably and my stress/worry/concern level needs a little break. I swear to you, a bottle of Pepsi has less effect on my glucose level than a little stress does. In fact, if you look back at my glucose numbers for the last two weeks you can see EXACTLY when my mother-in-law arrived in town for the wedding. Yeah, s.t.r.e.s.s. baby. (but that's another story for another time). It's partly sunny here today, still a little cool, but those little rays of sunshine feel oh so good. I'm beginning to think I have SAD (seasonal affective disorder) as I just get so down, sad, gloomy, bored and not so much fun at all during the long dreariness that is a season of it's own in Washington. Feeling a little "peppier" today, I returned to Cardiac Rehab. Being absent for two weeks, and not making any effort whatsoever to exercise, certainly shows. I had a heck of a time on that darn treadmill and decided to get off it early and try the bike. That wasn't much better but I did get in my 3,000 steps. By the time I got back to the car I was almost too tired to drive home. Guess that will teach me, but then again, I'm not sure I'm teachable. (old dog and all)!


Wedding pictures are slow in getting here. The photographer says it will be about a month before she gets them posted on the website and we can view/order them. I have just a few that I took with my camera (six to be exact) before my batteries died. So I will leave you with a look at the yummy cake, and the table settings. (I didn't get a picture of the bride.....if you can imagine).



1 comment:

  1. I looked, what a beatiful cake. Just the right size Calla lillies for that cake. S

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...