"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My dryer sucks........(recycle)


not literally for that would make it a vacuum, and you all know how I feel about the vacuum. It is having issues though, at least where my clothing is concerned. Doesn't seem to affect "Nick" in any way, shape, or form. So what is the problem exactly??? Is it old? Not really, about ten, that's o.k. in appliance years isn't it? Maybe it's a little tired. I would be if I worked a thankless job fifty-two weeks a year, including most major holidays. Maybe it just needs some time off, a little rest, a vacation by the shore. Although it spends all of it's time next to the water as it is now, maybe something more exciting like a car-trip, or snowboarding. Maybe just a change of scenery, my laundry room is a little drab, a little small, a little boring.........maybe I should put a window in so it can see outside. Maybe it's just plain depressed. What ever the problem it certainly seems to be directed at me and I am starting to take it personally. Every time I put my clothing in to dry it comes out a size smaller. I wonder what I could have done to exact such a hateful response. I keep the lint trap clean, wipe down the top, keep it clear of "stuff," give it clean laundry, and smell good fabric softener. What ever could be the reason it is shrinking MY clothes????

7 comments:

  1. i do believe it is related to mine which is new at just over 1 year old~ very hateful relatives i think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think all dryers are related... mine absoutlely hates my favorite jeans! Every time I put them in their they seem to come out beautiful, then I try to put them on and they seem tighter... rotten little bastage is my dryer.
    Hope yours gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the laugh! I needed that today!

    Mine is only about a month old, but it does the same thing. I think I'm going to seek revenge and quit doing laundry. Then it won't get it's lent tip each time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi jojo - Thank you for visiting morning java :) Glad you enjoyed the post - I think your dryer is sending you a message - either that or the environment is tying to make a point. Either way, thanks for the chuckle - I'll be back :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Appliances will someday rule the world...I'm sure of it!

    Hallie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mine has the same problem. If you figure it out, let me know ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dryers of the world are all out to get us.

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...