"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Kristy P.

I've been wrapped in thought, this past week or so, wondering if I should post something here or not. Is this the right time? The right place? After all this is a very complex issue wrought with emotion. Mostly angry emotion on my part, being removed from the situation as I am. But it is my understanding that anger is the last thing wanted or needed here. Just compassion and forgiveness for something that seems so unforgivable. It certainly takes a bigger person than I will ever be.

I remember a little girl, the same age as my own, happily running through the neighborhood singing. Later on in life her beautiful voice would lead and comfort many people. She is always a girl in my mind, feisty, energetic, unafraid to speak her mind, back down, or settle for less. I remember thinking she was growing up too fast and wasn't sure I wanted my girl to spend so much time with her. She was into make up and boys long before I wanted mine to notice those things. She came by these things honestly, growing up surrounded by brothers. Her faith, family and friends were the light of her life and as I understand now, she was the light in theirs too, and many, many others. I lost track of her and her family when we moved to another town but my daughter kept up with her throughout the years.

That all ended last week, with several gunshots, in the church parking lot, by the man she chose to love, honor, and cherish all the days of her life. Didn't he make that same promise? Peace and love to you K.P., and may the Grace of all that is good and loving, and forgiving and compassionate rest with you and dwell in your little boys hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...