"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Thursday, November 22, 2007

T----minus three

Thanksgiving....the day we get together with all the people in our family, that we are still talking to, and celebrate each other, our lives, our blessings. For us that "celebration" took place at my in-laws. Since my parents have been gone it seems every holiday is spent over there. It must be some sort of karma coming back to me since it is not the easiest place for me to hang out. but.....i digress....We had a lovely dinner with all the trimmings but we were minus three this year. My boy, really a grown man but still my boy, had to work. He is a hospice nurse so spent the day at the hospice house fixing turkey dinner and tending to his patients. I think he truly exemplified the meaning of the day. My son-in-law to be was home visiting his family in Montana, without his future bride. And my son's girlfriend was with her family thus making us minus three. Everyone is well and we have much to be thankful for. It is something I find difficult to put into words, especially these last few years. So many changes, so much sorrow, so much pain. But here we are, we made it and things are looking so much better. We have good friends that are closer than family in so many ways. And we have baseball nut's (husband) family right around the corner and they are all healthy and well and we are grateful for that. We have a wedding in the near future and will welcome our daughter's wonderful fiance into our home and our lives. I have a man, a very supportive, caring, comforting, strong man, my baseball nut. And we have our amazingly fabulous, beautiful, intellegent, compassionate children who actually like being around us and each other. I have more good days than bad, I laugh often and sometimes I cry. I feel, I touch and I sing. I eat, and I love and I pray. I struggle with my health and my weight. I love and I am loved. And I have abundance far greater than anything I could have ever imagined. I am content and I thank God for making it so. Happy Thanksgiving

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...